Kingdom Of Albion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Kingdom where fantasy creatures are welcome.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ursula the Banshee

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mjhere
mjhere

Gold : 55

Ursula the Banshee Empty
PostSubject: Ursula the Banshee   Ursula the Banshee I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 1:27 am

Name: Ursula (no surname. The name was adopted by her because of the sound of the howling wind)
Actual Age: 1097 (Ageless, been around for that time)
How old they look: 17
Race/Creature Type: Banshee
Description of Creature: "The mysterious Banshees are a type of screecher. like a Harpy or a Siren(which we know nothing about), but unlike the Harpies or Sirens: they are questioned to be a member of the Dead. When sensing a person's death, the Banshee lets out a piercing scream that announces the death. They levitate, so it's a possibility, but they can also be slayed by a non-magical spear or arrow... and if you get close enough without losing your head(literally), a sword or a different close range weapon. Banshees also act like Liches: they suck the life force from their victims, Banshees show physical improvement by doing this, unlike a Lich." People can become Banshees if they carry a curse laid by a necromancer, witch or dark wizard.
Country of Origin: Hungary, though she doesn't know more than that.
Height: 5'5''
Body type: Skinny to the point of the skin outlining her bones, barely an hourglass figure.
Skin tone: Pale, almost ghostly white.
Eyes: Pink. She can't remember her eye color when human
Hair: Straight, waist-leghth cerulean blue hair with an almost fading tone with silver strands here and there. When she was human, it might have been black.
Appearance: (Hair, eyes and face similar to this. Note: apologies for large Picture.) Ursula the Banshee Konachan-com-97642-blue_hair-bow-garyljq-hakurei_reimu-long_hair-pink_eyes-touhou
Is always dressed in a black, fancy evening gown,with the skirt completely torn with gashes and pieces of cloth hanging by a line. In her neck she carries a chain that was arranged to look like a necklace, but a big heavy chain nonetheless. It is also present on her left ankle, and they make no sound unless she wants them to.
Personality: She's a confused spirit in a world of different people. She have met few of her kind before, and is very lonely because mostly people are afraid of her and avoid Banshees. When she sees something she judges wrong, which most of the time is just her own judgement, she goes to the person and, in the middle of the night, gives a piercing scream to their ears, to scare them. She is lonely and is normally by the cemeteries, but enjoys hovering around the lonely people and the ones who deal with death but are full of life. She hopes making friends or family one day.
Diet: She doesn't eat, she sucks the life force out of her victims when she's starving. Her victims can be human but she prefers animals. She doesn't do it very much for she thinks is wrong, and when she does, doesn't kill them, only suck extra energy. The maximum of what could happen to someone who got it's life force sucked by her is fainting. She does that when people are asleep or distracted, out of their free will. It can be noticed by them and they'll notice Úrsula behind them, which will make her stop. However she drinks an awful lot of pond water, and enjoys chewing on mint leaves and lotus flowers.
Talents: Apart from her death screech, she can sing very well, but always to herself.
Flaws: Naive, shy, easily manipulated, rather clumsy.
Powers/Magic (if any): Sensing death, Screech of announcement of death and to scare, levitation (She can levitate 4 times a day, for 10 minutes in any position, going up to 2 meters high. It leaves her hungry after doing so. If forcing further, she starves and falls to the ground) and able to fly at a maximum speed of 20mph at least 5 times a day for 10 minutes and can cover, on the maximum speed and time, 3 miles. She can pass on to people around her a sense of dread and loneliness that reach 1m radius, and can be rarely resisted. It leaves her hungry when she does that on purpose, but when she doesn't do on purpose and it happens, it only extracts a bit of her energy. The powers can be resisted by prayer to the victim's gods or beliefs, having Strong lively thoughts that go over the sense of death. However the scream cannot be avoided, for it is only disturbing for the moment upon hearing it and, to the most scared ones, a few minutes or hours after.
Weaknesses: She can be controlled by a Necromancer or any magician used to working with creatures of death. Her screams have no effect on those who can't die and thus it makes her weak, since she can't feel them or suck their life force, which would make her starve. Another weakness are her chains. The one who untangles them and gets hold of her can order her around, which makes her vulnerable.
Weapon(s): None, only her scream and abilities.
Job in the Kingdom: None.
History: Unknown. Ursula remembers being awakened in Hungary, place where she might have lived when she was alive and was human. That she can remember, she was human before being Banshee. Úrsula can't remember how it happened, however, when she was human, she had a beautiful voice and was quite a prankster. She enjoyed the life of the living. But one day she made the mistake of upsetting a witch, a dark magic dealing one. She laid a curse on Úrsula that she would be fated to scream and scare people for eternity, even if she didn't want to. A deadly epidemy fell on Hungary, and Úrsula died. She was reawakened in a graveyard, dressed in a way she had never been, and with heavy chains on her neck and ankles. She could feel death and at first was scared and wanted to really die, but seeing it was impossible, she got used to her destiny, which took the liveliness out of her and left her being a shy and sad creature. From that point, she traveled around, always stopping at the cemeteries and screaming the death of people. After over a 1000 and a century of years, she arrived to Kingdom of Albion, where she currently lives. When asked about the past, her face turns blank, as if something very importante was lost but she doesn't know what nor how to describe it, adding to herself a mysterious aura.
RP example: Full moon night. Lonely night, as always, though the full moon reminds Ursula of things she saw and wish had never seen. Vampires acted at night mostly, werewolves were at full transformation, witches and necromancers of all sorts would be doing their magic and incantations. Ursula wasn't sure how to feel about-- Oh, here it comes again. That sense of the Gates of the Underworld opening wide and sucking in life, a man was dying of old age. Ursula levitated and flew to where the sense came from, feeling the air filled with sorrow and dread. Upon the man's last breath, she took a deep breath of her own and let out a gurgled scream, striking fear on the hearts of passerby humans or any other creature it walked around. Men die, Ursula welcomes them with her scream. It is her fate.
But ah, would there be more to unlife than that horrifying job she was so used with? She sighed, floating back to the cemetery, wishing upon the stars for a friend or to someone to talk other than spirits she saw for mere minutes.
Notes: Sometimes forgets she is a Banshee and when she tries to talk to people, they run in fear. It highly disappoints her.
Always wishing for a friend and perhaps someday someone to share love feelings.
When she forgets herself, her chains rattle and scare people on the night.
During the day she sticks to the shadows.

Last edited by mjhere on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:20 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Asimi
Admin
Asimi

Gold : 2147483647

Ursula the Banshee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ursula the Banshee   Ursula the Banshee I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 1:13 pm

Well, can i just say this is a pretty good form for a new member.
You just need some basics refined.
Since your form indicates she Became a banshee, could you tell me how that happened?
how does she plan to 'suck the lifeforce out of people' without powerplaying? (controlling another persons character)
how many times a day can she fly?
Even the undead have weaknesses, you need 3.
Back to top Go down
mjhere
mjhere

Ursula the Banshee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ursula the Banshee   Ursula the Banshee I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 10:16 am

Thank you for the compliment.
Edited, added three weaknesses, how long she can fly.
Life force-sucking isn't going to be powerplay because she will sneak on people she needs. Once they realize they are getting weaker slowly, they will be able to see her and she will go away. She sucks life force from animals too.
Back to top Go down
Asimi
Admin
Asimi

Ursula the Banshee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ursula the Banshee   Ursula the Banshee I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 2:44 pm

No to causing madness.
How do people become banshees? In creature description.
She cant fly for unlimited distances and 10 times a day is too much. Under 5 is probably what we'd allow. And limit the distance.
So I assume she intend to survive on animal life forces. Put that in diet. You will need a limit to how long those feelings of depression and the weakness she causes lasts for the other person also how many times a day she does it. However you could say something like "she always has an aura of zadness or dread around she for about 1 metre radius, however this may be resisted rarely."
How high can she levitate, for how long? How many times a day?
Back to top Go down
mjhere
mjhere

Ursula the Banshee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ursula the Banshee   Ursula the Banshee I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:46 am

Being perfectly honest, I don't know if humans can become Banshees, that is a personal headcanon.
I changed it all.
I have no idea what to put in the distance of flight so I did basic mathematics calculations. I am not american and not used to the system of measurements.
Back to top Go down
Asimi
Admin
Asimi

Ursula the Banshee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ursula the Banshee   Ursula the Banshee I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 2:31 pm

Alright thats fine. So she cant create other banshees then, thats what I wanted to kmow.
how many times a day can she levitate? it should be below 5 and reduce the height to about 1-2metres. 4 metres is way too high.
remove the first sentence under weakness. "Apparently none..."
Back to top Go down
mjhere
mjhere

Ursula the Banshee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ursula the Banshee   Ursula the Banshee I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 8:21 am

Edited.
Back to top Go down
Asimi
Admin
Asimi

Ursula the Banshee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ursula the Banshee   Ursula the Banshee I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 8:51 pm

APPROVED.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ursula the Banshee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ursula the Banshee   Ursula the Banshee I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ursula the Banshee
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kingdom Of Albion :: General :: Character Forms :: Approved Character Forms-
Jump to: